MIDIbox SEQ V4Lite

TK.

Hello,

i have problems to update my seq4L firmware from 055 to 058.

In MIOS Studio , i load the 058 hex file, - by sending it to the device a error occours:

project.hex contains 203964 bytes (797 blocks).

Range 0x00000000-0x00003fff (16384 bytes) - BL excluded

Range 0x00004000-0x00031cff (187648 bytes) - LPC17 Flash

No response from core after 16 retries!

any idea ?

Midi or USB connection to the core?

Check MIDI IN and OUT are the correct way around.

Have you separated the LPC-LINK board or cut the tracks if it is still attached?

If you are using USB, try a system reboot and then connect the core before starting MIOS Studio.

• 1 month later...

hmmm, i've been trying to get my seq v4l working for a few nights now, was having the mirroring leds issue, then i found the tip to do the j15_s jumper, after doing this all that happens when it boots is led3-8 flashes twice, i've checked my wiring countless times, redid each of my cords 3 times, and am lost as to what could be wrong, the wiring is pretty straight forward right? any help would be greatly appreciated :]

edit: occasionally i'm getting "[185723.317] [MIOS32_MIDI_Receive_Handler] Timeout on port 0x22", what port would that be?

edit of the edit: MIDI3 port of MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module is what my spider senses are telling me, just want to make sure though

-ajax

Edited by Ajax

[185723.317] [MIOS32_MIDI_Receive_Handler] Timeout on port 0x22"

This message indicates, that either invalid MIDI data is received via IN3 (located at J5B.A6), or that J5B.A6 is wrongly connected (if you don't use it: let it open - the internal pull-up should ensure to get a stable idle level)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

figured it out after countless hours of troubleshooting, guided by smashtv (thank you my friend), i ended up switching the resistor networks on the core board, didnt even realize there was two different ones ;]

-ajax

I think you solved my issue as well! I looked at my core last night, and sure enough the resistor networks are swapped. Now to find some time to switch them back...

I think you solved my issue as well! I looked at my core last night, and sure enough the resistor networks are swapped. Now to find some time to switch them back...

i did a quick fix by just wiring some single 1k resistors to bypass my soldered 10k network, works well ;] though it's a ghetto fix

-ajax

• 1 month later...

I've just finished building the SeqV4L and my first LPC Core. I seem to have successfully loaded the firmware but when I start up the seq (I have no SD Card connected yet) it lights up after about 5 seconds as mentioned on the info page and then does a strange cycle, mostly just down the right half of the FP. It will then cycle the leftmost five leds from top to bottom then the rightmost from top to bottom, do some other lights then nothing. Sometimes when I hit play it will act as though its starting something buit eventually stops lighting up and doesn't seem to respond. I can't really figure out how to even get started with it.

• 4 weeks later...

A new release is available:

MIDIboxSEQ V4L.068
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o support for GM5 driver under Windows.
MacOS and Linux users: just install this update, no additional changes required.
Windows users:
- upload the application with MIOS Studio
- close MIOS Studio
- install the GM5 driver which can be downloaded from http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_download.html
- start MIOS Studio -> 4 "GM5" USB ports should be visible

o USB device settings have been changed.
IMPORTANT: please install MIOS32 Bootloader V1.010 before uploading
the application! Otherwise code upload via USB won't work anymore!
(Backup: upload via MIDI IN1/OUT1)

o support for MIOS Filebrowser, which will be part of MIOS Studio 2.4
[/code]

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I've just finished building the SeqV4L and my first LPC Core. I seem to have successfully loaded the firmware but when I start up the seq (I have no SD Card connected yet) it lights up after about 5 seconds as mentioned on the info page and then does a strange cycle, mostly just down the right half of the FP. It will then cycle the leftmost five leds from top to bottom then the rightmost from top to bottom, do some other lights then nothing. Sometimes when I hit play it will act as though its starting something buit eventually stops lighting up and doesn't seem to respond. I can't really figure out how to even get started with it.

You may need to double check your connections from the core to your control surface.

• 4 weeks later...

A new version is available:

MIDIboxSEQ V4L.069
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o USB MSD driver: changed endpoint to avoid conflict with MIDI driver.
     Note that it's still not possible to use MSD and MIDI in parallel,
     but Windows and MacOS should accept the connection (again).

o corrected tap tempo function

I especially hope that is finally solves the tap tempo issues!  :rofl:

Special thanks to Martijn for pointing this out!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow V4lite builders,

can anyone point me to the place where i learn how to tailor the ribbon cables?

It seems that part is missing in the instructions on the website.

I have the 10 pol cables and the 16 pol cables along with the connectors in front of me

and i dont know excactly the orientation i need to attach them to the cables.

thx much for any help!

cheers

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to V4lite Builders,

I am very happy to know that there was a forum on midibox and V4 lite seq.
I am very impressed by the skill of members.
I just ordered all the components to make my first seq.
And I am eager to share information with you.

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello SEQV4Light-fans,

I designed a Ponoko case for the SEQV4Light. At the moment that means: I have an EPS file on the medium size P2 template that gets accepted by Formulor.de.

I used the same box generator as smokestackproductions in this thread and copied all other elements in from existing templates for seq4 and seq4light.  thanks to  you all!

If anyone sees any obvious errors, I'd appreciate to hear about them very much. Feel free to use the file, but as I did not test it yet, I wont guarantee any success.

I will order one from formulor most likely next weekend, including any error corrections you recommend me. The current price at formulor.de is 32 euros, add taxes and shipping.

Oh Goody! I was going to make sth like this, but got sidetracked. A lot. Did you print this on paper and compared it to the PCB so that everything lines up etc? One shouldn't waste paper, but wasting 32€ plus pp and some plexi isn't nice either... Going to open this at work tomorrow in Inkscape to take a peek :D Cheers!